Re: [GIT PULL] clk: ti: clock driver code migration to drivers

Quoting Tony Lindgren (2015-07-14 03:40:06)
> * Tero Kristo <t-kristo@xxxxxx> [150714 03:34]:
> > On 07/14/2015 12:54 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > >* Tero Kristo <t-kristo@xxxxxx> [150714 01:56]:

> > >Hmm care to clarify what is obsolete or broken after this series?
> >
> > Not after this series, was broken/obsolete already before.
> >
> > A couple of omap2/omap3 specific clock files still remain under mach-omap2,
> > they are DVFS related. OMAP3 core dvfs support is currently completely
> > unused (this could probably be removed, or shall we re-introduce the painful
> > core dvfs at some point again?), and parts of the omap2 core dpll handling
> > code should probably be re-written; or at least verified that it actually
> > works properly. I can't test OMAP2 DVFS myself so don't dare to fiddle with
> > it.... I could probably try to get some sort of DVFS test case to work on
> > the board farm OMAP2 board I have access to though, I can investigate this.
>
> People seem to still want the 1 GiHz support, but I think that only
> depends on the SmartReflex and some kind of replacement for
> voltagedomains. So if the core DVFS support is unused, I doubt it's
> very high on anybody's list right now.

As long as the default is to have core running at the fast OPP then 1GHz
should be fine. There is a voltage domain dependency from ARM->CORE when
the ARM runs fast at 1GHZ: it requires core to run at the highest OPP as
well.

Regards,
Mike