Re: RFD: OMAP PRCM register access holding up PM branch submissions

Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [090312 10:03]:
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:54:41AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> > If you can share your opinions on the two register access approaches I
>> > described, I will work on coordinating development in that direction.
>>
>> If I had a path forwards, then I would say so.  At the moment, I have
>> a vague idea about what I'd like to see, but it isn't in a workable
>> state at the present time.
>>
>> I need to put further thought and time into coming up with a solution.
>> For the time being, I am not going to apply the outstanding patches to
>> put in place a solution which is totally confused about iomem and u32
>> types with lots of casts to make it work.  Even one which passes u32
>> types to the IO accessors (which don't produce a warning but shouldn't
>> be allowed in any case.)
>
> Well let's get the current omap clock patches in omap-clks3 merged.
> It is already way closer to what we need than the current mainline code.
>
> Paul, maybe you can post that series to linux-omap for final review
> and testing because of the mail/OOM issues Russell is having?

I will post this series to linux-omap for final review.

I don't think there are any major objections that should prevent this
from going into this merge window.

> Then we'll come up with a proper solution for the remaining patches
> after this merge window.

Agreed, this PRCM issue does not need to be resolved for this merge window.

Kevin