RE: Suspend/Resume support with Omap2fb

Thanks,
Vaibhav Hiremath

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Tomi, I looked into your latest code base, and I can see that you have added suspend and resume functionality and as you mentioned it is working for you.

The only difference I could point out here is, I am handling suspend at driver level (fb and v4l2) and you are handling it at DSS2 level. I can give try to your implementation; tomorrow morning after reaching to office first thing I will try this and let you know.

Just to share with wider audience, I am seeing some abrupt behavior and I doubt some timing synchronization is causing problem. I could see suspend is working if I comment "ovl->enable" or if I call "echo "gfx e:0 > /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/overlays". Although I have same implementation in omapfb_suspend and it does disables clock and overlay, system doesn't go to off state. It always gives error for dss_prwm.

Tomi,
Can you try enabling CONFIG_CPU_IDLE flag and see whether it is going to state5 or not?

And I think it won't go due to obvious reasons, framebuffer will hold the clocks. You have to have something in your framebuffer driver to trigger display disable. I have implemented timer here to do that.

I will send you the patch once I get rid of this issue.