Re: omap voltage management

Hi Nishanth,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Nishanth Menon <nm@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/06/2015 06:42 AM, Ryan wrote:

>>> Please try not to top post :).

>>> Yes. cpufreq governor are just policies - cpufreq policies just
>>> selects a frequency to run the CPU from a list of frequencies. for
>>> each frequency to be achieved, there is ABB, AVS configuration needed
>>> (strategy specific to SoC).
>>

>> I was trying to find out where exactly the voltages for core and IVA
>> are set in the code.
>

> The generic layer for dvfs is yet to be implemented in k.org.

I am using a older TI Kernel. I thought this will a good starting
point to understand
as the platform i am working on uses this. if you could provide some pointers
on who initiates the voltage transition and how for each freq. It
would be highly helpful. I did add prints and start tracing
It became too complex for me to fully get a understanding.

http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/p-android-omap-3.0;hb=refs/heads/p-android-omap-3.0

>> Are they set whenever for every frequency change? - I see that the
>

> yes.
>
>> table is divided into OPP50, OPP100 and
>> so on but was not able to trace the entire path.

Say if i use a lower freq (OPP50) - Apart from MPU - Should both core
and iva voltages should
also be set to opp50 voltages as listed in omap446x_vdd_core_volt_data
and omap446x_vdd_core_volt_data?