RE: Setting individual GPIO registers

Did you mean waking up OMAP3 via touch screen from CORE OFF mode ? Please note that PER domain GPIOs will be not be active during OFF mode (GPIO2-6). Wakeup capability is limited for wakeup domain GPIOs as well.

>From TRM

"Only gpio_1, gpio_9, gpio_10, gpio_11, gpio_30 and gpio_31 can be used to generate a direct wakeup event. The other GPIO1 pins cannot be used to generate a direct wake-up event because they are connected to the device I/O
pad logic in the CORE power domain (VDD2). When the CORE power domain is off, the VDD2-supplied I/O pins of the GPIO1 module cannot generate a wake-up event"

Enable wakeup in I/O PAD corresponding to TS_IRQ line. On wakeup you will get a PRCM interrupt.

Regards,
Pratheesh