Re: Anyone built the kernel drivers for the PowerVR under linux-omap-2.6?

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:32 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> In OpenEmbedded we have patches to a) get it to compile b) pick up
> symbols so they actually insert and c) build against Tomi's DSS2
>
> regards,

For various reasons I am not using OpenEmbedded, and while I had looked
at the OpenEmbedded pages I didn't immediately see how to apply what OE
had done to my setup.

It would be nice to have an explanation of what is needed that was a
little less "apply this opaque magic" and more "these are the steps
needed, in our environment this automates those steps."

I would also assert that it would be better in the long term if the
upstream maintainers (in this case TI) would correct the problems
themselves rather than requiring somebody like OE to work around them.