Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:44:02 +0100
ext Anuj Aggarwal <anuj.aggarwal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your help, it came out as a hardware issue. Same image
> worked fine when tried on a different EVM. Now the audio is playing
> fine, except that I am hearing a very light pop-noise as soon I start
> the playback.
>
> Any suggestions on removing that? It didn't occur if I play something
> second time.

Pop-noise is caused somewhere in the audio path when it's powered up.
Either in last output stage is causing it or last stages are activated
too early to suppress noise caused in middle of path.

Why you don't hear it second time or soon enough is that ASoC DAPM keeps
audio path powered about 5 seconds after stream is closed for
eliminating pops between e.g. audio tracks in a player.

Jarkko