Re: [RFC v2 2/5] OMAPDSS: DT: Get source endpoint by matching reg-id

On Tuesday 27 May 2014 03:54 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
On 27/05/14 12:49, Archit Taneja wrote:
On Tuesday 27 May 2014 02:04 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:

Hmm, maybe the above function, and the helper functions, should be
changed a bit more, so that this function would do:

ep = omapdss_of_get_first_endpoint(node);
src_port = omapdss_of_get_remote_port(ep);
src = omap_dss_find_output_by_port_node(src_port);

src_port will be just on level up(the parent node), the source node will
be still a couple of hops up.

Getting the source node would require us to do some DT related hopping
in omap_dss_find_output_by_port_node(). And it'll also require parsing
of the dss output_list in output.c. I'm worried it'll be a bit messy,
and we might end up adding some DT parsing in output.c

But now the function above is messy =).

Well, I haven't thought what the code would actually be. I just thought
the functions I wrote would be logical in this context. As the output
omap_dss_device more or less is a "port", it would feel logical to ask
for the omap_dss_device by giving the port node.

But you're right, the function in output.c would need to do a bit more
than now. Then again, we could add helper functions to dss-of.c, so that
output.c wouldn't need to do them manually.

I guess the helper funcs in this case would be:

struct device_node *dss_of_port_get_parent_device(struct device_node *port);

int dss_of_port_get_port_number(struct device_node *port);

These look fine. I'll update the patch.

Archit