Re: OMAPDSS and panel-dpi

* Joachim Eastwood <manabian@xxxxxxxxx> [140417 11:05]:
> Hi Tomi,
>
> My VAR-DVK-OM44 (OMAP4460) has both a HDMI and a LCD panel. As HDMI is
> now working (thanks) I also taken a look at panel-dpi.
>
> I found the DT patch for panel-dpi on the mailing list.
> OMAPDSS: panel-dpi: Add DT support:
> http://marc.info/?l=devicetree&m=139030201815380&w=2
>
> And I got my display working with DT :)
> So you add can my: Tested-by: Joachim Eastwood <manabian@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Could you upstream the panel-dpi DT support and the HDMI connector
> gpio hpd patch in 3.16?
> I hope it's easier to upstream the stuff when it gets some users in DT.

Good to hear. The DPI panel support should use gpio-backlight
driver as discussed in the DPI thread. Did you have to patch
anything for the timings etc?

If you have the board working, care to take a look at making
the gpio-backlight change?

Otherwise we'll be creating unncessary churn and maintainer
headaches with patching half a dozen DPI using boards to change
them over to use gpio-backlight.

Regards,

Tony