From: Ashwin Bihari [mailto:abihari@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:16 PM
To: Hiremath, Vaibhav
Cc: linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Naming convention used in mux.c

Vaibhav,

I was also confused by that when I began playing with the OMAP and only found those references to make sense when I looked at the schematics of the board I'm working on. If you look at the Terminal Pin documents for your specific OMAP you will see the alphabet and numbers make sense. But you need to know which alphabet/number specifically is designated to a particular function and this is something the hardware engineer would do while connecting the OMAP to the rest of the peripherals on the board.

Regards

-- Ashwin