Re: Issues with GPIO and wake from sleep

* Marc Murphy <marcmltd@xxxxxxxxxxx> [140117 04:32]:
> I have resisted contacting the list with regards to an issue I am having trying to get what should be a simple part of my system working but I cannot find any documentation or other posts to help.
>
> I am using 3.6 kernel but have tried 3.12 to see if the issue has been addressed in that but its exactly the same.
>
> I am attempting to get a GPIO to wake my AM3517 system up from a suspend to memory.  I have tried with a few different options for GPIO’s
> I have available GPIO-10, GPIO-28 and GPIO-30.
>
> I started by using GPIO-28 and that would configure nicely and I set up the interrupt handler and could see my debug when triggering the input (brilliant) but for some reason I cannot use it  to wake the system as it is not in the correct group for wakeup.  There is a note in the Tech Ref Man -
>
> Only gpio_1, gpio_9, gpio_10, gpio_11, gpio_30, and gpio_31 can be used to generate a direct wake-up event.
>
> So have to use a different one. GPIO-30 cannot be used as that holds the system in reset, so all that is left is GPIO-10.
> All seems to be good for initialisation;

I think you don't need the mux wake-up bits for the first GPIO bank, it's
always powered. So just setting gpio10 as an interrupt should keep it
working through suspend. The GPIO driver has it's own idle handling for
the first bank, see _set_gpio_wakeup().

Maybe you just need to do set_irq_wake() in the interrupt number
for gpio10?

Regards,

Tony