From: Kanigeri, Hari [mailto:h-kanigeri2@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:25 PM
To: Krishna Kishore; linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: OMAP3430 clock settings

Kishore,

>    We need to find this out during runtime. Which register to read and

> how to
>    know the clock settings of DSP, ARM and L3?

-- You can use this small utility to read/write/dump register values
from user space. This is only for debug purpose if you want to peek and
poke at some registers from user space.

https://omapzoom.org/gf/download/frsrelease/152/964/debuginfo.out

The usage is

For reading
./debuginfo.out r  <Hex registerAddress without 0x prefix>
<regAccessSize =8, 16, 32>

Eg: to read PM_PWSTCTRL_IVA2 register, it would be ./debuginfo.out r
483060E0 32

For writing
 # ./debuginfo.out  w <Hex registerAddress without 0x prefix>
<regAccessSize =8, 16, 32> <value>

Eg: to write to PM_PWSTCTRL_IVA2 register, it would be ./debuginfo.out w
483060E0 32 <value>

For Dump
 # ./debuginfo.out a  <Hex registerAddress without 0x prefix>
<numOfWordsToDump>

Eg: To dump first 100 values of IVA2_PRM registers ./debuginfo.out a
48306000 100

Thank you,
Best regards,
Hari