[ANNOUNCE] new PM branch: pm-20081119

Hello,

A new PM branch is available named pm-20081119.

This is mostly a new set of patches on top of the previous PM branch,
rather than a rebase.  We finally found the root cause of some DPLL
relocking bugs.  Special thanks to Paul Walmsley and Tero Kristo for
debugging and fixing this problem.  Now the DPLL fix that was reverted
in the previous PM branch is re-applied as well as some fixes on top
of it.  It also has some additional UART fixes, so I think the UART
idle work is ready to go to Tony.  Special thanks to Jouni Hogander
for the extra testing and fixes here.

The shortlog is below[1] and the root of the tree is still
v2.6.27-omap1 + T2 power patches from Peter.

This has primarily been tested on custom HW since I'm _still_ waiting
for my SDP to arrive.  I have boot tested on Beagle, but I think there
are still some problems with ES2 silicon.  On my ES2 Beagle, neither
DSS or IVA will leave the ON state, even when all clocks in their
powerdomains are off.  I have not debugged this further yet.

Functionally, this tree is in pretty good shape, so I will do some
bugfixes here when necessary, but will now spent some time focusing on
getting the patches in this branch merged into linux-omap.

Kevin

[1] git shortlog:

Amit Kucheria (2):
      OMAP: PM: Typo fix for clock_allow_idle
      HSMMC: Make driver support dynamic idle

Jouni Hogander (11):
      OMAP3: PM: Use pwrdm_set_next_pwrst instead of set_pwrdm_state in idle loop
      OMAP3: Do not set mpu, core, neon states if cpuidle is used
      OMAP3: PM: Do not set next states sw to control those is available
      OMAP3: PM: Always return value in pwrdms_setup
      OMAP3: PM: Fix wrong sequence in suspend.
      OMAP3: UART: Make sure that uart clocks are enabled when needed
      OMAP3: PM: Check in set_pwrdm_state that target state is supported by pwrdm v2
      OMAP3: PM: Do not build suspend code if SUSPEND is not enabled
      OMAP: PM: Build fails if PM is not enabled
      OMAP2: PM: Fix omap2 build
      OMAP: MCSPI: Enable mcspi wake-up

Kalle Jokiniemi (4):
      OMAP: PM: sysfs interface for enabling voltage off in idle
      OMAP3: PM: Fix cpu idle init sequencing
      OMAP: SRF: Fixes to shared resource framework (Ver.3)
      OMAP3: I2C: Enable I2C wakeups

Kevin Hilman (16):
      OMAP3: PM: Add wake-up bit defintiions for CONTROL_PADCONF_X
      OMAP3: PM: Allow UARTs to be unclocked when inactive
      8250: Allow platform to register PM hook
      8250: when waking, PM hook should be called before accessing port
      OMAP3: PM: UART: Add 8250 UART PM hook for suspend/resume
      OMAP3: PM: UART save/restore support for OFF-mode
      OMAP2/3: HSMMC: Ensure HSMMC is fully reset on boot
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: obey enable_off_mode flag
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: restrict C-states on UART activity
      OMAP3: PM: decouple PER and CORE context save and restore
      Revert "OMAP3 clock: fix non-CORE DPLL rate assignment bugs"
      Revert "OMAP3: PM: Do not set next states sw to control those is available"
      Revert "OMAP3: Do not set mpu, core, neon states if cpuidle is used"
      OMAP: PM: UART: fix can_sleep hook to return correct value
      OMAP: PM: UART: Only disable clocks in prepare-idle hook
      OMAP3: PM: Check for UART wakeups in 'resume_idle' hook

Paul Walmsley (14):
      OMAP2/3 PM: create the OMAP PM interface and add a default OMAP PM no-op layer.
      OMAP2/3 omapdev: add basic omapdev structure
      OMAP242x omapdev: add OMAP242x omapdev records
      OMAP243x omapdev: add OMAP243x omapdev records
      OMAP3xxx omapdev: add OMAP3xxx omapdev records
      OMAP2/3 omapdev: add code to walk the omapdev records
      OMAP3 clock: fix non-CORE DPLL rate assignment bugs
      OMAP3 powerdomains: remove RET from SGX power states list
      OMAP3 powerdomains: remove RET from SGX power states list
      OMAP3 clock: remove unnecessary dpll_data dereferences
      OMAP3 clock: optimize DPLL rate rounding algorithm
      OMAP3 clock: avoid invalid FREQSEL values during DPLL rate rounding
      OMAP2/3 I2C: reprogram OCP_SYSCONFIG register after reset
      OMAP: I2C: convert 'rev1' flag to generic 'rev' u8

Peter 'p2' De Schrijver (9):
      OMAP: PM counter infrastructure.
      OMAP: PM: Hook into PM counters
      OMAP: PM: Add closures to clkdm_for_each and pwrdm_for_each.
      OMAP: PM: Add pm-debug counters
      OMAP: PM debug: make powerdomains use PM-debug counters
      OMAP: PM: Add definitions for ETK pads and observability registers
      OMAP: Debug observability and ETK padconf implementation
      OMAP: Add debug observablity (debobs) Kconfig item
      OMAP: PM: Implement get_last_off_on_transaction_id()

Rajendra Nayak (23):
      OMAP3: PM: GPMC context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: GPIO context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: I2C context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: INTC context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: PRCM context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: Populate scratchpad contents
      OMAP3: PM: SCM context save/restore
      OMAP3: PM: SRAM restore function
      OMAP3: PM: handle PER/NEON/CORE in idle
      OMAP3: PM: Restore MMU table entry
      OMAP3: PM: MPU off-mode support
      OMAP3: PM: CORE domain off-mode support
      OMAP3: PM: allow runtime enable/disable of OFF mode
      OMAP3: 3430SDP minimal kernel defconfig
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: Basic support for C1-C2
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: Enables state C4
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: Enables C3 and C5
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: Safe-state on bm-activity
      OMAP3: PM: CPUidle: Enable Kconfig option for OMAP
      OMAP3 SRF: Generic shared resource f/w
      OMAP3 SRF: MPU/CORE/PD latency modeling
      OMAP3 SRF: omap3 srf driver
      OMAP3 SRF: OMAP PM srf implementation

Tero Kristo (13):
      OMAP: PM debug: do not print out status for meta powerdomains (dpll*)
      OMAP: PM debug: Add PRCM register dump support
      OMAP: PM: DMA context save / restore
      OMAP: PM: off-mode support for DMA on EMU/HS devices
      OMAP3: SRAM size fix for HS/EMU devices
      OMAP3 PM: off-mode support for HS/EMU devices
      OMAP3: PM: Enable SDRAM auto-refresh during sleep
      OMAP: SDRC: Add new register definitions for SDRAM controller
      OMAP3: PM: SDRC auto-refresh workaround for off-mode
      PM: Fix a bug with noncore dpll rate calculation
      PM: Added three PLL registers to the PRCM context save
      PM: OMAP3: Make sure clk_disable_unused() order is correct
      PM: Changed secure RAM storage size from 0x8000 to 0x803F