Re: [FYI] TI dspbridge rebase against latest l-o

Hiroshi,

  It works!

  I used strace on ping.out and found out you need to be root to run
it.  You might add that to your HOWTO.  See new HOWTO below.

  My device got made but it's 252 instead of 251.  Not sure what
that's about.

> ls -al /dev/DspBridge
crw-rw---- 1 root root 252, 0 2008-11-10 08:17 /dev/DspBridge

  Thanks very much for the help.

  Rick

Updated OMAP3 DspBridge HOWTO:

1. First get the date of the most current patch.
DATE=20081107

2. Do this on your host Linux box:
git clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git
mkdir -p patches
cd patches
wget http://4869037.web.fc2.com/tidspbridge-$DATE.tgz
tar xvzf tidspbridge-$DATE.tgz
cd ../linux-omap-2.6
git am ../patches/*.patch
make <your omap3 board>_defconfig # eg. omap3_beagle_defconfig
make menuconfig # add the following options in the menuconfig
 CONFIG_FB_OMAP_CONSISTENT_DMA_SIZE=14
 # CONFIG_CBUS is not set
 CONFIG_MPU_BRIDGE=m
 # CONFIG_BRIDGE_DVFS is not set
 CONFIG_BRIDGE_DEBUG=y

3. You can get bridge sample binaries as below, put these on your
   target file system somewhere. Extract it somewhere on target rootfs.

  https://omapzoom.org/gf/download/frsrelease/132/632/dspbridge_binaries.tar.bz2

4. Make the modules and put them on the target rootfs.  For example,
   on your host box do:

cd linux-omap-2.6; tar czf ../modules.tar.gz `find . -name "*.ko"`

5. Then on the target do:

sudo mkdir -p /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/
sudo tar xzf modules.tar.gz -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/
sudo depmod -a

# if you don't have libbridge.so see http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
# and do this on the target:
sudo cp libbridge.so /lib
sudo ln -s libbridge.so /lib/libbridge.so.2

# NOTE: set "PATH" below correctly
sudo modprobe bridgedriver base_img=/PATH/ddspbase_tiomap3430.dof64P
ls -al /dev/DspBridge  # check to see that the device got made
  crw-rw---- 1 root root 252, 0 2008-11-10 08:53 /dev/DspBridge
sudo /PATH/ping.out
grep DspBridge /proc/interrupts   # check to see that you have gotten some interrupts
 26:        334        INTC  DspBridge
 28:          0        INTC  DspBridge