From: Paul Walmsley [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:37 AM
To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
Cc: linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 3430SDP crash at boot time

Hello Sergio,

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:

> I'm attempting this with a 3430SDP-VG5.0.1 (ES3.0), and I was using the same commit.

Sounds like the OMAP ES revision detection code is broken again for ES3
chips.

You might want to try adding some printk()s to the if statement starting
at line 212 in mach-omap2/board-3430sdp-flash.c, to determine which of the
two branches are taken.  It should be the first branch, I guess.

You might also want to take a look at commit
347109cc09dd5689f37fcb139a26cde7d4b69363 for background.  The exact
same problem happened here before that patch was applied.

> I'll retry today with another board, to see if it helps.

Yes, if you have an ES2 SDP handy, you might want to do a quick
doublecheck to verify that current git head boots cleanly there.

> Thanks for your time.

You're welcome.

- Paul