From: twebb [mailto:taliaferro62@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 4:46 PM
To: Deacon, Keith; linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mailing List
Subject: Re: android on omap

Had problems with using NFS because Android tries to set specific
permission and ownership of files - and has a nasty habit of testing those
permissions frequently.  If you have any local storage options - that
would help.  Also, check your init.rc file for things like mount trying to
remount the filesystem readonly - Android assumes a very specific
partition layout - which can be consolidated into one partition as long as
init.rc is adjusted to match.
Does the root file system reside on NFS? Have you enabled "Networking"
while
configuring the kernel?

I've now moved filesystem to target (jffs2).  Things are a little
better, and different.  Using logcat, I'm now seeing dalvikvm errors
and warnings as shown below.  Particularly odd since I wasn't seeing
this error when rootfs was mounted via NFS.  Any ideas?

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
twebb

D/dalvikvm(  483): DexOpt: --- BEGIN 'core.jar' (bootstrap=1) ---
E/dalvikvm(  501): unable to mmap DEX cache: Invalid argument
E/dalvikvm(  501): Optimization failed
D/dalvikvm(  483): DexOpt: waiting for verify+opt, pid=501
W/dalvikvm(  483): DexOpt: --- END 'core.jar' --- status=0xff00, process
failed
E/dalvikvm(  483): Unable to extract+optimize DEX from
'/system/framework/core.jar'
D/dalvikvm(  483): Failed on '/system/framework/core.jar' (boot=1)
D/dalvikvm(  483): VM cleaning up
D/dalvikvm(  483): LinearAlloc 0x0 used 4100 of 4194304 (0%)
W/dalvikvm(  483): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
E/AndroidRuntime(  483): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed