RE: HEAD unbootable on 2430SDP

> I am running into a weird problem with the current HEAD on OMAP2430SDP.
>
> It seems the execution goes into infinite loop in intc_bank_read_reg()
> function.
>
> In the:
>         while (!(intc_bank_read_reg(bank, INTC_SYSSTATUS) & 0x1))
>                 /* Wait for reset to complete */;

Did your board boot loader setup the peripheral port remap register?

If not you must make sure the INTC is mapped to non-shared-device mapping else you won't be seeing the INTC registers properly.

Using the remap register works, but if you inspect TLBs you'll see it uses all 4k'ers instead of a single 1M section entry for L4 range.  This will cut performance some.

In a local hack a while back we had used some reserved L4 space to provide a separate mapping for the INTC with non-shared-device mapping.  If you do this you can shut down the remap register.

Probably most people are not appreciating benefit of that setup.

Regards,
Richard W.