Re: Current git head oops'es at boot on Overo

On Monday 06 October 2008, Nathan Monson wrote:
> I'm set up as host, using a BeagleBoard, and with the current
> linux-omap git I can get USB working by unplugging and replugging the
> A side of the cable (at the mini-AB connector on the BeagleBoard).
>
> Just disconnecting the cable at the B side is not enough.  It must
> have something to do with the ID pin.  So, if you have a soldered ID
> pin it wouldn't work either.

Right.  That's a bug in the transciever support, note ... on
host side there are TWO relevant cable events:  ID pin grounded,
and D+/D- rising.  It only understands the former for now, and
doesn't check for the state very well unless poked by an IRQ.

(All that can be a PITA to get right.  It helps to have a cable
tester that will let you do things like switch the ID ground,
apply a variable VBUS load, apply D+/D- pullups/pulldowns,
and so on.)

> Also, my cable is going into a powered 4 port high speed hub.  That
> might make a difference.

That's what I was doing too.  It's a common setup ... just a
bit easier to preconfigure networking that way than through
a bridgede configuration.

- Dave