Re: OMAP support in mainline?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Philip Balister <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steve Sakoman wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> And they aren't working too well with current l-o git either with MUSB
>>> being
>>> broken. There's a patch to fix client mode, but host mode still isn't
>>> working.
>>
>> Host mode musb is working just fine on Overo with the "set
>> transceiver" patch.  Not sure why you are having trouble with Beagle
>> (and can't check since I don't have my Beagle board with me at the
>> moment)
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions how to figure out what is broken about OTG
> used a host on the Beagle?
>
> Philip

On a related point..I built Kernel v.2.6.27-rc3 from the OMAPZOOM tree
with MUSB OTG support. I plug in the mini-B connector into our board,
and I get the interrupt and proper recognition that a peripheral mode
should be used. When the mini-A connector is plugged in, however,
nothing happens.

Since there is only one interrupt that triggers the check on which
cable-type was plugged in, why would the mini-A cable not cause an
interrupt to be generated?

I've also tried compiling the code in just MUSB HOST. Nothing happens,
when I plug in the mini-B cable, it's detected by markedly less things
happen because I don't have peripheral support.

Regards
~ Ashwin