Re: GUI for OMAP3EVM

Arun,

Besides QT, you can try with DFB + GTK on DFB. Anyway having an X based GUI is not a big deal considering the hardware performance and storage capacities on any embedded device running an OMAP3x processor. We have ported DFB, GTK and Webkit/Gtk to the EVM and they run pretty well.

However you need to consider that if in the future (or now) you want to take advantage of the hardware acceleration (SGX hardware) for rendering with 3D capabilities any of this technologies may have problems integrating OpenGL ES renderings (because there is not standard OGLES stack for Linux, so there is no _simple_ way to integrate it with existing X extension, or any of the other stacks, beyond having a OGL surface withint all your standard widgets). A good approach on this case is to use clutter (clutter-project.org) to create rich UIs, but at this point you will find this software stack a little bit lacking for any other input than a touchscreen (nothing that cannot be solved in the future). We have done some work integrating clutter with experimental OGLES drivers and it works perfectly on the EVM.

Regards,

Diego Dompe
RidgeRun Engineering