Re: [RFC] Port TI DSP BRIDGE for a new dedicated branch in linux-omap

* Hiroshi DOYU <Hiroshi.DOYU@xxxxxxxxx> [080815 23:49]:
> Hi Richard,
>
> It sounds to me that you meant that "omapzoom" should be the center of
> the bridge development because of TI's internal expertise of this
> area. I don't have any explicit objections at all and, at least, I
> will pay some respects on omapzoom since originally TI has published
> this bridge as GPLv2.
>
> But, in any case, we need the place to work together efficiently
> now in the community. I think that "linux-omap" should have this
> bridge code in itself. In that case, one could easily participate in
> this bridge development without bridge porting from
> "omapzoom". Otherwise, everyone who mainly uses "linux-omap" has to
> port the bridge from "omapzoom" to "linux-omap" whenever one tries to
> use the bridge. And also "linux-omap" is the most active development
> place for omap kernel in public. It would be really nice if TI experts
> participate.
>
> As for the roadmap issue, I think that it's a matter of trade-off. The
> more open it is, the more benefit it gets from the community;).

At least we need to have the DSP MMU and mailbox stuff in linux-omap
tree in a clean way that's also merged to the mainline Linux.

After that, it should be possible to build the rest of the DSP code
as a module. And not have to deal with the MMU merging pains in multiple
places everytime something changes upstream.

Regards,

Tony