RE: OMAP AIC23

Hi Chandra,

> i have a question, why a client is modifying mcbsp registers. There is a
> mcbsp
> config function (omap_mcbsp_config) exported which you can use to
> configure mcbsp registers.
> if its an absolute necessity you can use omap_mcbsp_read and
> omap_mcbsp_write
> function. which are defined in arch/arm/plat-omap/mcbsp.c.
> but you need to pass full register name, like OMAP_MCBSP_REG_SPCR1 instead
> of
> just SPCR1 ( 'SPCR1' undeclared  error).

Looking at the source file "drivers/i2c/chips/tlv320aic23.c" the function "omap_mcbsp3_aic23_clock_init()" is enabling the McBSP sample rate generator in order to generate the 12MHz system clock to the aic23. I believe that this needs to be done in order to configure the aic23.

The good news is that there appears to be a simple fix. All we need to do is move the definitions of the macros OMAP_MCBSP_READ and OMAP_MCBSP_WRITE from mcbsp.c to the header "include/asm-arm/arch-omap/mcbsp.h"

Doing this and making a couple other minor changes I am now able to build the alsa driver successfully for the omap5912 osk. I will submit a patch to the list. Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Jon