RE: off mode and smartreflex

On ti, 2008-08-12 at 08:10 -0500, ext Woodruff, Richard wrote:
> > I thought I'd fix this issue for both pm-idle and the up-coming cpu-idle
> > by moving the smartreflex disable/enable calls to omap_sram_idle. But I
> > could not do it, because this way the device hangs on both suspend and
> > dynamic idle. I wonder why this is?
> >
> > The CDP code seems to disable smartreflex in the early stages of the
> > function calling omap_sram_idle. In the suspend path the disable call is
> > made just before local_fiq_disable. In pm-idle path the call seems to be
> > before checking if some interrupt has occurred. So I gathered this might
> > have something to do with interrupts.
> >
> > The thing that puzzles me is that with linux-omap, the suspend path does
> > not have any local_fiq_disable calls. Nevertheless, if the smartreflex
> > disable call is in omap_sram_idle, the suspend hangs. But, if it is in
> > start of the preceding omap3_pm_suspend call, as it is now, suspending
> > works fine. So this makes me think there could be some delay from when
> > smartreflex is disabled to when the actual I2C commands stop to the
> > voltage controller.
>
> Have you enabled SR really to do something?

Yes, I'm using vdd1&vdd2 autocompensation with the hardcoded testing
values instead of efuse. My board seems quite stable using them.

> With out proper efuse values its job is to do OPP changes.  Once you
> have proper efuses it can do safe auto-adjustment.  Most early
> non-production devices won't have useable efuse values.
>
> I agree hardware I2C messages when it is in use might be a point of
> worry when investigating issues.

Ok. The hang actually happens when coming out of suspend. The silicon
errata states that if smartreflex is sending i2c commands while sleep
command is issued, a warm reset will be generated. I don't know if warm
resets are handled now, but this could be something causing the hang. Or
it's something else, gotta do some debugging.

> > Do you know why the smartreflex disable calls are positioned as they are
> > in the CDP code?
>
> I don't recall there being a placement.  I can ask others if there
> aware.

Thanks!

Regards,
Kalle