Re: omap24xx is broken in current head

Op 11 aug 2008, om 16:50 heeft Tony Lindgren het volgende geschreven:

* Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa@xxxxxxxxx> [080810 20:39]:
On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 14:37 +0200, ext Koen Kooi wrote:

"Broken as hell" if you want to do anything NEON related with it.

yup
Very unlucky but very true.
use 2007q3 with the -Os fix for compiling omap3 kernels

Felipe: that's also what we should use internally, since it's the only
one approved by our system performance team.

I'll revert this patch for now to avoid adding a compiler dependency
as we already have a pile of other issues to solve.

Speaking of compiler dependencies, how about applying my patch that enable vanilla gcc to compile the kernel? Russel (or Erik) seems to be fond of rejecting my mails to the LAKML list, so I can't post it there. A copy of it can be found here:

http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/git/?p=openembedded.git;a=blob;f=packages/linux/linux-omap2-git/beagleboard/no-harry-potter.diff;h=2bb20ab9c025312fcf0434de5bcb88aeceb4f87f;hb=HEAD

regards,

Koen

Let's plan on re-applying this patch once the other issues are out of
the way.

Tony