Re: HS USB errors on OMAP3530

On Thursday 07 August 2008, Ashwin Bihari wrote:
> I did use a Total Phase Beagle 480USB protocol analyzer when this
> issue first manifested, but there is nothing that jumped out at me as
> a possible error or glitch. It just looks like the transactions just
> stopped mid-way without any rhyme or reason.

Why don't you post such a log, ideally with matching Linux kernel
log data.  Maybe something would jump out to other folk.  :)

> I've noticed this issue with a couple of HS flash drives, as well as,
> a FS CD-ROM drive.
>
> Would the "let SET_ADDRESS settle" change only affect the initial
> detection? My initial insertion of device works great,

Good.

> the errors I
> showed are after I do a read of a large amount of data from the Flash
> drive and essentially wedge something in the USB stream.

What I'd like to establish is whether this is a case of the flash
drive flaking out (that does happen on low end hardware!) or else
there's something wrong on the Linux side.

- Dave