Re: About to tag v2.6.26-omap1, patch queue deleted, please check and repost

On Thursday 07 August 2008, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> > Two problems on the OSK5912:
> >
> >  - cpufreq oopses on boot
> >  - continuous i2c overflow errors
> >
> > ISTR both of these bugs are in mainline too.  I'd say the
> > I2C regression is higher priority.
>
> Hmm, I wonder what has broken I2C?

Seems fixed now; goof in earlier error handling patch.

> Anyways, let's fix these regressions before tagging.

I've not yet looked at the cpufreq thing, but after
applying the patch from Chandra Shekhar the I2C problem
went away.

However that still doesn't make OSK happy.  It wedges
sometime after freeing init memory ... timer interrupts
are no longer happening, the LED stops flashing.  The
userspace has sometimes started the watchdog daemon, in
which case a watchdog timeout fires and it reboots.

FWIW mainline fails *really* early, before showing any
kernel messages at all.

- Dave