Re: pending patch

* Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxx> [080425 03:19]:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 02:35:21AM -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> > On Friday 25 April 2008, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > > Hi Tony and Dave,
> > >
> > > there's this one pending patch [1]. Do you guys have any comments on that
> > > one?
> > >
> > > Author: Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > Date:   Thu Apr 17 17:34:20 2008 +0300
> > >
> > >     USB: MUSB: Don't ignore disconnect on suspend
> > >
> > >     As soon as a usb device is disconnect we should
> > >     fall into a_wait_bcon state, ignoring disconnect
> > >     irq will prevent this behaviour.
> >
> > If it passes the OTG tests, fine.  I don't recall how the
> > HNP handoff's disconnect signaling is handled ... presumably
> > it's different from some "real" disconnect.
>
> No opt available for now...
> The problem is that when you ignore disconnect on suspend you only ack
> the disconnect interrupt after attaching other device. It won't get us
> too much trouble besides the bit will still set in int_src, but still
> musb should ack disconnect as soon as it happens, shouldn't it? And
> right after that start the timer for switching from a_wait_bcon to
> a_wait_vfall and after that a_idle.
>
> But as soon as I have and opt available, I'll try to run this test and
> report you if I can see any issues with this patch applied.
>
> For now, let's keep it as pending so.

Yeah. I have not applied any musb/tusb patches because of being afraid
of the HS OTG OPT tests breaking.. Still have them all in my l-o mailbox
though. So let's plan on applying things after somebody (Felipe?) gets
to run HS OTG OPT on them for musb and tusb.

Of course this discussion should get moved to linux-usb-devel..

Tony