Re: [Help 1/2] MUSB: ZiO! CF card reader will trigger a change from MUSB host mode to MUSB peripheral mode

https://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=141&tracker_item_id=3788
> [...]
>>  >>  > --
>>  >>  >         /* Enable peripheral control signals */
>>  >>  >         rc = usbat_write_user_io(us,
>>  >>  >                                  USBAT_UIO_OE1 | USBAT_UIO_OE0,
>>  >>  >                                  USBAT_UIO_EPAD | USBAT_UIO_1);
>>  >>  >         if (rc != USB_STOR_XFER_GOOD)
>>  >>  >                 return USB_STOR_TRANSPORT_ERROR;
>>  >>  > --
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > - Finally, we got VBUS_ERROR interrupt in peripheral mode. I
> don't
>>  >>  > know how to recover it.
>>  >>  > If I am not wrong, the ZiO! CF card reader must have dropped the
> VBUS
>>  >>  > and this triggered the mode change of MUSB.
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > Are you guys have any idea about this?
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > B.T.W, I found the packet sequence of
>>  >>  > drivers/usb/storage/shuttle_usbat.c is not the same as Windows
> Host
>>  >>  > does.
>>  >>  > So I modified the code to send out the same packet as Windows
> Host.
>>  >>  > The result is the same.
>>  >>
>>  >>  It's probably drawing more the 100mA, try using a self-powered usb
> hub
>>  >>  attached
>>  >>  to musb and zio to hub.
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  > So that means it's possible related with the hardware design?
>>  > Unfortunately, there is no self-powered usb hub on my side.
>>  > Only have normal full-speed usb hub which is powered by usb host. So
>>  > maybe we should add this kind of usb devices to the black list of
> MUSB
>>  > driver.
>>
>>  MUSB can only source up to 100mA on the bus, which is perfectly ok on
> the
>>  otg point of view. If you attach a device that needs more than 100mA
> you'll
>>  get
>>  a vbus error.
>>

> Right.
> From the device descriptor, if the MaxPower is greater than 100mA, our
> usb OTG stack should refuse it, right?
>
>>  To have a clue about how much your reader does attach it to you host pc
> and
>>  issue
>>  lsusb -v -d <vendorid>:<productid> and check the MaxPower field. Of
> course
>>  this is just
>>  a string and if the manufacturer decided to mess it up it's not our
> fault
>>  :-p
>>
>>  The correct way to measure the current consumption would be with a
>>  multimeter, but the
>>  string usually give you a clue :-)
>>

> Thanks, that is pretty handy for us.
> But I found the MaxPower of my ZiO! is 100mA, too bad.

I recall having some issues on 100mA devices. During enumeration some
current spikes
a few mAs above 100mA were occuring and we couldn't enumerate the device
due to vbus_err
interrupt. If you check drivers/usb/musb/tusb6010.c you'll see that we've
implemented
a retry condition for those cases. The same retry can be found in
musb_core.c

Maybe you could use something similar on your blackfin. BTW, if I can ask
which OTG transceiver are you using ?

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi