Re: [Help 2/2] MUSB: some USB card readers, USB-IDE cable, 30G old iPod will be reset several times in usb-storage transcation

https://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=141&tracker_item_id=3789

https://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=141&tracker_item_id=3790

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.25-rc8/2.6.25-rc8-mm1/2.6.25-rc8-mm1.bz2

https://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=141&tracker_item_id=3807

> a) For the MODE_SENSE(6) SCSI command, these bug usb devices will
> reply stall when host wait for 1st CSW
> b) Linux host will clear halt of the endpoint.
> c) Linux host will wait for the 2nd CSW, but no RX IRQ at all. Then
> USB reset operation will be triggered by Linux host stack
>     when time out
> d) The same bug usb devices is OK on Linux host PC, because they will
> reply to 2nd CSW in the right way.
> e) So I hacked the usb-storage driver code, the Linux host on Blackfin
> will not wait for the 2nc CSW. Then this bug is gone.
>
> This is just a workaround for that, it should not be the right way.
> Does anyone here meet this issue before, on Davinci or OMAP?
> We always need a real fix, thanks a lot

I've seen this already with n800/n810. It came up after a merge with
mainline
that changed usb subsystem a bit. Tony made musb driver work again after
the merge
but still some issues that should be addressed.

If you wanna dig more on this... patches are welcome :-)

> -Bryan Wu
> --
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi