Re: [android-internals] Re: Android on Nokia n810 (OMAP2420)

Brian Swetland wrote:
[Georges Toth <georges.toth@xxxxxxxxx>]
The touchscreen doesn't work yet, but I hope we can figure that out too.
-> The driver works, there is output when one does a cat on /dev/input/event3, but android doesn't recognize it.

Some buttons don't work ... wrong mapping.
If anybody has an idea how to see what keycodes certain buttons are bound to and how to edit the mapping in android that would be great :-).

Here's a brute force approach to sorting out input events: run getevent
on the emulator and on the target hardware and compare the results.  It's
in /system/bin.

I believe the touchpad issue has to do with sending events that the
system recognizes as "pen down" and "pen up" events.  Haven't looked at
this in a while.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at that.

Keylayouts live in /system/usr/keylayout/*.kl and are used to translate
from the raw input event codes to android keycodes.

Keymaps live in /system/user/keychars/*.kcm.bin (undocumented binary
format right now, sorry) and are used to describe how the key events
and modifiers and such are related.
I would need to add/change the event code for the DPAD_CENTER event.
Do you perhaps know of a simple way of seeing what code a certain button generates ?

--
regards,

Georges Toth