Using CPP source on OMAP2430-DSP

Hi,

I am using OMAP SDP2430 platform.
I have Linux OS on my SDP board and I am using filesystem through NFS.

I was testing the DSP sample application provided along with TI linux
package. I tested "dmmcopy" sample application and it was working fine.

Now from the same application, I renamed one DSP side source file
"dmmcopyExecute.c" as a CPP file - "dmmcopyExecute.cpp".
I modified "Source" list from the file "ddspbase.pjt" for this change
of file name. With this change, I rebuilt the dspbase image and it
got compiled successfully.

However, on the hardware when I run the "dmmcopy.out", it is failing
at the stage "DSPNode_run" itself.
I have made no changes at all in any of the source files except
changing the extension of "dmmcopyExecute.c" to cpp.

Then why the application execution is failing??
What is a way to compile/use CPP source files with DSP processor??

I am not using CCS and I am compiling my applications on a Linux
host machine. For ARM side application, I am using GCC-4.1.1 toolchain
and for DSP side of application, "TMS320C6x C/C++ Compiler v6.0.5".

~ Jayant