RE: TI DSP falls off the Omap

> * Alexandre Bouillot <alexandre@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [080229 08:36]:
> > In fact, it was the 3x0. The 7x0 have a DSP and two ARM cores (one
for
> > the base band, one for the application proc.)
>
> Oops yeah thanks for correcting.

The article title is a bit leading with respect to the DSP.  I wouldn't
draw any false conclusion from this data point.  You need to watch who
the individual users were before and after OMAP1/2/3 (and upcoming 4)
and what aspects they are using.

The summary is OMAP3 is now being leveraged more broadly by more groups
inside of TI.  All of these different groups target different customers.
Some need DSP and some don't.

The positive for OMAP-Linux is the number of users is going up.  This
might bring a bit of confusion every now and then with the new growth,
but overall it should translate to a lot of hopefully positive energy
for Linux on OMAPs.

As indicated there is precedent in wireless with 3xx, and even more so
in application groups with Davanci variants.

Regards,
Richard W.