RE: Android porting onto OMAP2430

Hi Dirk,

            The m5-rc14 release of android kernel source has updated
the binder module as one of the "misc" modules (along with other
Android specific "misc" modules like power, logger etc.). So you won't
find the binder entry in /proc/devices, instead you will have to cat
/proc/misc to view the minor number of binder. Hence there is no
significance for the /dev/binder device node and you can remove that
entry from your file system. The ".config" file that was used to
configure my kernel is attached herewith. This config file does not
have an entry for "CONFIG_BINDER" as it is obsolete and got a new
configuration entry "CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC".

Hope this will help you to overcome the problem.

Warm Regards,
Anil

>>Great!

>>As it seems that I still have some problems with /dev/binder and my
display settings: Do you kindly like to send me: