Re: Questions about N770 support

* Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@xxxxxxxxxxx> [080125 08:18]:
> Hi,
>
> I've some questions regarding the N770 support. If anyone has answer,
> please share them :)
>
> - I've made a three headed usb cable for my s3c2410 devices in order to
>   use the usb host/device port and it should work on the n770. iirc,
>   there was a patch for switching the port between host and device mode,
>   like for the n8x0. Is it merged in the current tree ?

Hmm, you might want to diff drivers/cbus/tahvo-usb.c against the n770
tree.

> - In the case I use the n770 usb port as host, does it sound reasonable
>   to think that I should be able to use a usb harddrive as rootfs ?

I don't see why not.

> - The defconfig has  CONFIG_FB_OMAP_LCD_MIPID disabled, despite the fact
>   that it's the n770 display driver and that it's working. Any reason
>   for that ?

It's probably just has not merged.

Ideally we would have all the patches needed to use any omap boards
as long as the patches do not affect code merges upstream. So please
feel free to send patches!

Tony
-