Some performance figure questions.

I am new to this list and hope this is the right place to ask this question.

We are on process to check performance of a new hardware feature on NUMA
system.

I did a few experiments to check memory performance behavior on a two node
NUMA system with the following SLIT:

10 21

21 10

The test does the following: allocate 1 GB buffer and access the buffer
sequentially with a 256bytes stride, i.e. accessing

Offset 0, 256, 512, …..

This test was performed while running on node 0 (using numa_run_on_node()
API) done while accessing local node memory 0 and also remote node 1 memory
(using(numa_alloc_onnode()) API).

Surprisingly, the performance delta is about 15%: local memory test took
1800ms while the remote one took 2100ms. I expected much more.

Two questions:

Do these results look reasonable to you?

Is there some kind of recommended and standard memory test for NUMA system?

Thanks,

Serge