Re: NUMA balancing degrading performance

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your reply. Please check my comments inline.

> it would be good to know which applications/benchmarks you were running.
>
> Have you tried out some well known and open source benchmarks?
>
> NAS Parallel Benchmarks -
> http://www.nas.nasa.gov/publications/npb.html (Fortran Code)
> NPB2.3-omp-C.tgz (C version NPB in OpenMP) -
> http://www.hpcs.cs.tsukuba.ac.jp/omni-compiler/download/NPB2.3-omp-C.tgz
> Stream - http://www.cs.virginia.edu/stream/FTP/Code/stream.c

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I tried some NAS benchmarks:
bt, sp and lu-hp. bt and sp were around 60% slower with the balancing
turned on, and lu-hp was 10 times slower.

I also ran Lulesh, which was roughly 100% slower with the balancing
turned on.

> Do you have "numad" running on your machine? If it is running you
> should stop it.

I checked and it's not running.

Cheers,
Martin