libnuma - data types problems

Hello,

I'm using libnuma for an enhanced NUMA-aware allocator. There are some functions which do not work as explained in the 'numa man page' or libnuma APIs. Precisely, I'm having problems with these functions: |numa_get_run_node_mask()| and |numa_node_to_cpus()|.

Concerning the former, reading the API and the manual, it returns a |struct bitmask *|, while the compiler asks for a |nodemask_t|.

The latter is supposed to require two parameters, as from API definition, but the compiler asks for three. If I pass three arguments as it asks - |(int node, unsigned long *buffer, int bufferlen) -| I get a /segfault/ every time, no matter the /bufferlen/ I use.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what, since I'm trivially following APIs directives. I wonder whether there are some discrepancies between APIs and source code that have changed through libnuma versions. (btw, how do I check which libnuma/numactl is running on the machine? I working remotely on a server and |numactl| doesn't seem to have a |--version| option!)

Kind regards,

--

Fabio Tordini

PhD Candidate,