A question about numa_set_membind()

Dear all,

Recently I am confused about numa_set_membind() for global arrays. If
we have a global array and later we call numa_set_membind() in our
code, will that global array be set to the node specified by the
nodemask_t. As I know, global array is allocated in the global data
area by the compiler before program executes. So I wonder whether
numa_set_membind() affects global variables and how. Besides, I would
like to know if there is one global data area for each node or all
memory only share one global data area. If all memory only share one
global data area, how to decide the distance between each node and the
global data area?

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Chen