Re: realloc function

> Hi,
>
> I am sending you the updated patch (against the latest 2.0.6 version). I
> call numa_police_memory_int() only for the newly allocated pages, when
> the area is expanded. I also added a numa_realloc_onnode() function in
> the same fashion as that of the numa_alloc_onnode(), which sets a
> specific memory binding. I pass the MPOL_MF_MOVE flag to mbind(), but I
> am not sure if this is worth it, since  the call becomes too slow even
> in the case of no page migration. Without the MPOL_MF_MOVE flag, of
> course, if the policy changes between realloc's, previously allocated
> pages won't be affected.

Thinking about it more police_* is likely still the wrong semantics.
That will always set the current policy.

But the user more likely wants the same policy the original
mapping had, right?

This could be implemented by calling get_mempolicy() on the old
mapping with MPOL_F_ADDR and setting it on the new pages in
the new mapping.

-Andi