Re: null pointer dereferenced with Ubuntu kernel 4.15

>> Dear NILFSers I am perplexed because on upgrading my standard
>> Ubuntu LTS kernel "4.15.0-88-generic" I keep getting null
>> pointer dereferences as per attached kernel messages, and this
>> did not happen with the previous version "4.15.0-72-generic".

> I have these too, it looks like something in the linux kernel
> must hsve changed and tgey didn't test or looked for issues in
> the nilfs code.

That's my guess too, but it is a bit strange that it happens
between two minor versions of the same base kernel. But then
Debian and Ubuntu backport stuff to their kernels, so that's
probably why.

> It only starts here with writing on a previously written
> volume. A new volume works fine.

I have checked and that happens here too: if I recreated and
reload the volume no problems, but on the next reboot and mount
the problem reappears. I guess I'll try deleting the last
checkpoint to see if that helps, and/or looking at what changes
between the -72 and -88 versions of the 4.15.0 kernel if
anything seems related (there will be lots of changes I guess
though).