Feature request: a mount option or a config file to tell NILFS2 to make a checkpoint only when file overwriting/deletion occurs

Hi,

When I copy a 58G folder into a NILFS2 filesystem, 345 checkpoints are
automatically made for every 1-5 seconds. The folder contains just
some office files, pictures, movies and etc. I thought it unnecessary
to make these checkpoints. For a folder containing system states or
application states, the default NILFS2 settings of making checkpoints
are quite good. But for a folder such as mine described above, only
overwritting/deletion action is important and the overhead of making
checkpoints can be omitted to enhance filesystem performance.

I think the condition of making a checkpoint may be classified into
different levels, like:
Level 1: only overwriting and deletion triggers
Level 2: Level 1 + file creation
Level 3: Level 2 + modification of file metadata/attribution/owner/time etc
Level 4: Current default setting

Best regards,
Eric Lan