Binary diff between two snapshots?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a binary “diff” between two snapshots? Output would be the contents off the blocks that are changed + some metadata to tell which blocks it actually are. Goal would be:

- take FS at snapshot A, sync that snapshot to a different volume/LUN/remote machine/…
- [changes occur to the fs]
- take FS at point B

I’d now like to get the “diff” between A and B, and get it in a format we can apply to the secondary (“backup”) volume that is still at level A. Outcome would be that the second volume is a copy of the first volume, at point B.

Inspiration: https://github.com/mpalmer/lvmsync

Frank Louwers
Openminds bvba

Tel: +32 9 225 82 91--