Re: cleaner optimization and online defragmentation: status update

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 20:37 +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

[snip]

> Btrfs actually offers both, manual defragmentation as well as an
> autodefrag mount option - which is useful even for SSDs when the
> average continous segment size becomes as low as 4kb.
> While autodefrag would be great for nilfs2, a manual tool at least
> wouldn't hurt ;)

Yes, manual tool can be useful also. But suggested implementation is
improper, from my viewpoint. And, first of all, we need to have internal
file system defragmenting technique. I have such vision. :)

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.