Re: Broken nilfs2 filesystem

Hi,

just my $0.02 so to say:

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 10:56:09AM +0400, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
> First of all, unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue yet, currently.
> I suspect that in this issue the aging state of volume, peculiarity of
> workload and environment play very important role. As I remember, all
> reporters of likewise symptoms (broken bnode error messages) talked
> about several months of successful working of NILFS2 file system.

sounds to me as if a b-tree is in a perculiar state and that updating the
btree results in this corruption.

Have you tried to mount one of the checkpoints/snapshots earlier as RO and see
if those are correct? If so, dumping both DATs and both btrees might give a
clue as to what went wrong. If only it gives a clue as to how complicated the
btree is before the updating and what actions are taken on it.

With regards,
Reinoud