Re: A lot of NILFS: bad btree node messages (readonly fs)

On Jan 13, 2013, at 12:24 AM, Piotr Szymaniak wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:12:05AM +0400, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
>> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 22:09 +0100, Piotr Szymaniak wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 03:52:30PM +0300, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
>>>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Thank you for additional details.
>>
>> As I remember, you reported about issue with flush kernel thread firstly
>> and, then, about this issue. So, I think that you can have some similar
>> environment peculiarities as Elmer Zhang.
>>
>> Could you share details of your virtual memory configuration
>> (especially, vm.min_free_kbytes)?
>
> vm.min_free_kbytes = 3806

I think that it is a very important detail.

>> Could you share more detailed output of your system log? Especially, I
>> interested what was in the first case of the issue occurrence. But it
>> can be interested also part of system log that begins from system start
>> and ends with messages about remounting in RO state.
>
> I can connect the broken file with other event. User repoted that his
> KDE session wont load or loads very (and it's like few minutes+) long
> time. Now I think the reason for this could be the broken file in
> /var/tmp/kde-foo. User moved his "broken" ~/.kde and everything was back
> to normal state (well, except that he was missing his session and DE
> setting).
>
> I'm just writing it as this was some time ago (looking at the broken
> file it was ~2 months ago) and the logs are somewhere in /dev/null now
> and I think that those issues are connected somehow.

Thank you for additional info.

Now I am fixing the issue with flush kernel thread. I think that the issue with flush kernel thread is a part of the issue with bad btree node messages.

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.