Re: Raspberry-Pi and NiLFS2

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:18:46PM +0300, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dec 3, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > has anyone tried out NiLFS2 on the RPi as root file system? I tried, but of
> > course my default kernel has no support for NiLFS2 :-/
> >

> As I know, Piotr Szymaniak <szarpaj@xxxxxxxxxxx> have experience with using NILFS2 on Raspberry-Pi. I hope that he share your knowledge when he will have free time.
>
> Piotr, could you share your experience or some useful links about it?

Sure. I'm using custom build kernel with nilfs2 support built-in and
Gentoo Linux on my rPi. It works stable. Except one time error that
could be connected with turbo mode and/or memory card/card controller
issue (but it works stable @900MHz turbo mode).

I used some ready-to-use stage3 (or stage4?) created for rPi by someone
at the official forums, made custom kernel, made nilfs2 as rootfs and
adjusted fstab. No rocket since here. (-:

Piotr Szymaniak.
--
  Polowalem na slabych,  nieszkodliwych i niczego nie podejrzewajacych.
Lekcja, ktorej mnie nauczono, brzmi: silny ma zawsze racje.