Re: Strange "flush" process bahaviour

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Piotr Szymaniak wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:19:08AM +0400, fwdnilfsml.to.11df@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Some time ago I've noticed, that "flush" kernel process associated with
>> device running nilfs2 filesystem, generate huge amount of IO activity
>> (using 100% CPU time). "iotop" utility show speeds about 5-15 GB\S on
>> that "flush" process, but no actual disk activity happens.
>> This condition lasts about 1-2 minutes, and then it stops for some time
>> (usually 10-20 minutes).
>
> I can confirm this (but never bothered to check what caused it). But I
> saw some huge load (few days ago) on 1 CPU core that was stopped
> immediately after runnig "sync". This could be the same as mentioned
> here.

What operations were on file system before the issue reproduction? I simply need to understand the way of issue reproduction on my side.

> And I just checked that machine and it eats my CPU. ps ax attached.

I see some similarities in these both cases. You mount rootfs with definition the special configuration file also:

2175 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/nilfs_cleanerd -c /etc/nilfs_cleanerd_rootfs.conf /dev/disk/by-uuid/1aa9e6fb-cf7d-45bd-bbfb-08110a8840b7

So, do you have the reported issue as reproducible in the case of default way of mount or in not rootfs case?

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.