Re: Strange "flush" process bahaviour

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 00:19 +0400, fwdnilfsml.to.11df@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello!
> Some time ago I've noticed, that "flush" kernel process associated with
> device running nilfs2 filesystem, generate huge amount of IO activity
> (using 100% CPU time). "iotop" utility show speeds about 5-15 GB\S on
> that "flush" process, but no actual disk activity happens.

Sorry, but I have some misunderstanding. From one point of view, you
said that filesystem generates I/O activity but as a result you haven't
disk activity. Does it means that you create any files but you haven't
it on partition after umount?

> This condition lasts about 1-2 minutes, and then it stops for some time
> (usually 10-20 minutes).
>
> Is this a normal behavior ? I'm using kernel 3.6, and nilfs running on
> luks-encrypted partitions, that belongs to software raid-1 array.

Could you share more details about your configuration and situation?

Please, share:
1. System log content related to the problem (NILFS2, I/O subsystem).
2. Output of "top" and "ps -ax" in the case of the issue.
3. Describe your partitions and disks configuration ("mount" output,
"cat /proc/partitions" output).
4. Output of "lscp" and "lssu".

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.