Re: time-shifting

Hi,

Op 2011-08-08 14:28, Ryusuke Konishi schreef:
[...]
I agree with this let-it-be approach. [...] If the
previous checkpoint number is lost, we only have to track back to the
last valid checkpoint younger than it and confirm that the inode
contained in the checkpoint is alive with the same generation number.

Regards,
Ryusuke Konishi
Totally cool.

Nice that it would be possible and workable. Maybe the idea can be put in the todo list? I saw a one points on the todo list that might benefit from this approach:

- Time slider

The time slider for a single file could be implemented by using the proposed extra inode field "previous". (Another approach would be the one currently employed by the TimeBrowse program.)

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Evert