Re: nilfs_cleanerd for the root filesystem

Hi,
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:29:41 +0100, dexen deVries wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems mounting NILFS as root filesystem does not cause nilfs_cleanerd to be
> started. I'm not using initrd; just indicated the root partition in kernel's
> command line, so it gets mounted directly.
>
> Is there a way to fix that?

No, the cleaner daemon cannot be started if the device gets mounted
directly since the daemon is invoked by the mount.nilfs2 helper
program which is called through the common mount program.

If you want to invoke cleanerd later, try remount:

 # mount -t nilfs2 -o remount /dev/xxx /mount-point

We can also shutdown the cleanerd manually by "nogc" option.

 # mount -t nilfs2 -o remount,nogc /dev/xxx /mount-point

Thanks,
Ryusuke Konishi